Read some of my favorite tips below and arm yourself for the upcoming few weeks!!
I consistently follow #3, #7, and #9!
Pick a few and you’ll feel so much better the next day!
1. Snack on a big plate of veggies before going to a party or dinner.
This will fill you up on the good stuff, and you’re not as hungry at dinner.
2. Take a smaller portion than normal when making a plate of food.
Only have seconds if you’re still hungry. This will force you to eat more slowly.
3. Drink a glass of water between each glass of wine or cocktail.
This makes you less thirsty and you will drink fewer calories. Plus, it helps avoid a hangover!
4. Limit your sweets to one, not one of everything!
If you’re craving sweets have just 1 of your favorites and eat slowly, enjoy it completely. If possible, eat half of it and save the other half for later so that your sweet tooth can get another taste but without the extra calories.
5. Fill half your plate with salad and veggies for dinner.
The other half is a mix of carbs and protein.
6. Eat slowly!
Eating slowly allows the body to feel its fullness before you’ve eaten too much and feel stuffed!
7. Wait for at least 15 minutes before having seconds.
It takes about 15 minutes after you eat for true fullness to settle in.
8. Stand and Mingle.
Don’t sit and socialize, be active and socialize.
9. Take a quick walk, or dance.
This helps digestion tremendously and will help burn off calories from dinner.
10. Before taking a cookie, piece of chocolate, piece of pie, candy, or any sweet treat, make a deal with yourself….For every treat that you eat, you owe yourself 15 minutes of cardio exercise the next day!
Commit to this one before a party, you’ll never have more than 2:)
Happy Party Month!