You all know that a faster metabolism means that you burn more calories each day, even in your sleep! These are 10 ways to boost metabolism!
- Best to workout in the morning
- Eat breakfast
- Drink water (stay hydrated)
- Green tea
- Eat Spicy Foods (add some red or green chili pepper, chili flakes to your food)
- Build muscle, strength training allows your body to burn more calories even after your workouts.
- Cardiovascular exercise daily (running, jogging, biking, cycling, etc)
- Healthy Snacking (eat smaller meals and have small snacks between meals)
- Replace some carbs with Lean Protein. Healthy sources of protein include lean beef, turkey, fish, chicken, tofu, nuts, beans, eggs, and low-fat dairy products.
- Avoid crash diets and low calorie intake! When you eat less than 1000 calories a day it will effect your metabolism in a negative way!
It’s natural for anyone trying to lose weight to want to lose it very quickly. But evidence shows that people who lose weight gradually and steadily (about 1 to 2 pounds per week) are more successful at keeping weight off. Healthy weight loss isn’t just about a “diet” or “program”. It’s about an ongoing lifestyle that includes long-term changes in daily eating and exercise habits.
To lose weight, you must use up more calories than you take in. Since one pound equals 3,500 calories, you need to reduce your caloric intake by about 500 calories per day and add exercise to burn even more! That is why it’s important to keep consistent with both elements.
Once you’ve achieved a healthy weight, by relying on healthful eating and physical activity most days of the week, you are more likely to be successful at keeping the weight off over the long term.
Losing weight is not easy, and it takes commitment. But if you have committed to this program and are feeling better each day you will see even great changes in the long run.
Health is Happiness,
“Discipline is a Game Changer”