13 Ways to Boost Wellness at Work
If you sit at a desk with a gorgeous computer looking back at you everyday, you will most likely LOVE and need to implement these tips. I sit at my desk for at least 5-6 hours a day writing blogs, replying to emails, writing fitness challenges, posting on social media, or reading educational content.
Let’s not fool ourselves, our computers help us run our business operations for the majority of our day. BUT let’s not let that diminish our human existence and optimal health. Start by incorporating at least 1 of these behaviors into your daily routine until they all become a daily ritual. You will feel better, have more energy, create a dynamic work environment, and thrive!
1. Apply the 20-20-20 rule to care for your eyes when using a computer. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away, for at least 20 seconds.
2. Show your appreciation! Buy a coworker something small yet thoughtful for their hard work or help. A latte, card, or favorite snack.
3. Go for a brisk walk outside at lunch.
4. When tension gets high at work, inhale for 3 seconds and exhale for a six second count. Repeat as needed. It’s a quick way to relax.
5. Stand or even walk if you can during all CALLS today.
6. Use positive self talk to cheer yourself past a challenge. Write “I can do this” on a sticky note or post it on your bulletin board.
7. Drink more water. Keep a container close at hand during the work day.
8. Brainstorm a problem with a mentor.
9. Do stretches every hour on the hour at work. Especially for your chest, hamstrings, and hip flexors!
10. Write out your favorite inspirational quote and stick it wherever you will see it each day.
11. Smile at a stranger! It elevates everyone’s energy!
12. Unwind at the end of the day with soothing music. Bach, or other.
13. Listen to a funny podcast after work to distress and leave the baggage of work behind when you get home.
Enjoy your day and make it a healthy and productive place to spend your time creating magnificence!