I get this question all the time… “Why can’t I lose weight even when I exercise daily and eat right”?
That’s super frustrating to be in this position but it’s also a great place to be!
You are doing two of the most critical elements needed to lose weight already!
That means you just have to nail a few other basics down and you’ll be off to the races!
We have to take a step back and take a good look at our lifestyle when we find ourselves ‘stuck’ at a certain weight that doesn’t feel right for our level of commitment to health.
Most of us just assume we aren’t working hard enough or eating clean enough.
But I want to go another step back before going another step forward!
What we should look at is the big picture. What lifestyle habits do we have in our lives that do or do not support the goals we are shooting for?
I’m talking BASIC stuff here.
I have 17 Daily Habits that I practice everyday that allow me to feel my best. I walk you through them in my very first program, The 7-Day Planner because if you miss these steps, you’ll never have the strong foundation of lifestyle habits necessary to build upon.
Every single client I start working with is required to tackle these steps FIRST in order to crush their long-term goals.
Yes, diet and exercise are the #1 and #2 most important habits to feel our best! But if we stop there, so does our progress.
You see, it’s not about going harder into the areas that you have already been consistently practicing. It’s about reaching WIDER into the areas that may be missing your attention.
So today, I want to share 5 out of my 17 small steps that might help you get unstuck and build a stronger foundation of your fitness!
- I drink water and lots of it! Sodas, sugary drinks, tonics, sports drinks, those are worse than wine. I stay super hydrated especially in the colder months when there are more germs going around. Our body is almost 60% water and when we get dehydrated EVERYTHING slows down and loses vibrancy. If you care for plants you know exactly what I mean. If only we had leaves to show for it. Instead dehydration shows in our skin, energy, mental clarity, sleep, weight, and even elimination. Eating a healthy diet means zip if you live a constant state of dehydration. So drink up!
- Give at least 3 hugs a day. It releases feel good hormones because it’s an expression of love, touch and connection! If we don’t have those emotions happening on a daily basis we tend to pull away from others and disconnect. I know it’s not easy to start hugging around town but make an effort. Our mental and emotional energy is a big part of our fitness and health. Missing this key component can hold us back from reaching our true potential.
- Read or listen to 10 minutes of positive and inspiring writing daily. Nobody wakes up in a good mood everyday! Not even me. I have days when I don’t feel like working out, checking email, or feel like being kind to my husband! What saves me are the words and inspiration of others. My commitment to personal development is what lowers my stress and releases more feel good hormones. Guess what? This is more important to your waistline than you think! I can’t imagine listening to only the voices in my head everyday. It’s no way to grow. Get serious about this!
- Sleep 8 hours a night. It’s not a luxury, it’s a necessity. Sleep is actually more important for our body and health than exercise. If you want to test that theory out, I encourage it. People who go to bed late and get up early to work out are making it very hard on themselves. The body does all it’s recovery at night, it heals and regenerates. How much are you sleeping?
- Take 10 Deep Breaths while repeating Release during each exhale. We take for granted the air that easily flows through our body. How often do you count your breaths. Almost never right? Not until you have trouble breathing does it become so clear just how important it is for our survival. It blows my mind really. One reason exercise is so beneficial is simply due to the extra air and oxygen that comes into the body during that time! Think of exercise as a Breath superfood! It is! Taking just 1 minute a day to breath more deeply and intentionally replenish the body with extra oxygen is invigorating and healing for the body. People with sleep apnea tend to have serious weight issues simply because they are losing oxygen exchange during the night. It’s a serious issue and one that most of us get to avoid. So take extra care and do this one daily.
So after hearing a few of my favorite lifestyle habits, think about your own. Especially if you are feeling stuck in a rut. Write down all the healthy habits you practice besides eating healthy foods and exercising that serve you better than the average woman. We don’t want an average life, we want an extraordinary life. So we must do those little ‘extra’s’.
I’m always here to guide you step by step through my 7-Day planner if you are ready to nail the basics and build that strong and solid foundation of lifestyle habits to build upon. Let’s do this!