The new year is upon us and it’s always exciting!
New year…new goals…new opportunities…
Most people are already setting new goals to join a gym, lose weight, start a diet, talk to that handsome guy at work or clean out the closet….
But wouldn’t you agree that it’s hard to start anything NEW or accomplish any GOAL without having a pristine attitude first?
A pristine attitude would be a positive, optimistic, confident and strong state of mind. This type of attitude provides you with the kind of mental energy that’s required to not just start a project or goal but to actually finish and accomplish it.
So many people skip this “attitude adjustment” step and dive right into ACTION before assessing how they plan to think and feel.
Did these phrases ever enter your mind in 2016?
There’s no time…
I can’t afford it…
It’s too hard…
I always fail…
I’m not disciplined…
It’s just what happens to me…
Getting older sucks…
I don’t know what to do…
I just don’t feel motivated…
I want more confidence…
If yes, then I want to help you assess and recalibrate your thinking FIRST, so we can strengthen your attitude and spark some serious flames in your mind for the work you have ahead.
Let’s kickoff 2017 with a mental cleanse that will guarantee a higher success rate for ‘setting and reaching’ your goals for the year.
The “Attitude Adjustment” Assessment
Acknowledging where you stand is the first step. Take this quiz with as much honesty as possible. Nobody will know your score but you!
- Give yourself 0 points if your attitude aligns with the first column (70% or more of the time).
- Give yourself 1 point if your attitude aligns with the second column (70% or more of time).
Your thoughts don’t have to be identical to the ones listed but you can see that column 1 is the negative and pessimistic way of thinking while column 2 is the more positive and optimistic way of thinking. (note: this is a quiz I completely made up and has not been researched or tested. It’s simply personal reflection)
- Give yourself a SCORE between 0 and 11 based on your personal reflection.
- If you didn’t score an 11 then proceed to the next step.
- If you did score an 11 then you are ready to kick some serious butt this year:
- I have one ACTION STEP for you: Pay your positive optimism forward to those you care about. Either share this quiz and message with someone that you care about or have this conversation with them. You must be a leader of the “attitude adjustment” this year.
Click Here To Join My 2017 BONUS TRAINING!
Form a new mental pattern for all the negative, pessimistic phrases where you scored 0.
We have to actively practice changing the way we think, it doesn’t just happen for us.
- Write down a #BigGoal you have for yourself in 2017.
- Write down a negative or pessimistic thought that could threaten your success in reaching that goal.
- Next to any of those negative thoughts, write down a new phase that could strengthen your thoughts and state of mind toward success.
- Post those new positive phrases somewhere you can see them (your phone, desk, car dashboard, fridge, bathroom mirror, bed side table) and read them daily to engrain those thoughts in your mind.
Create belief in WHY this ‘attitude adjustment’ is so important.
We don’t make decisions based on reason and logic. We make decisions based on our emotions and how we feel. Our happiness, sadness, fear, pain, love, heartbreak, shame or pride will greatly effect whether we do something or not do something.
Why do STEP 3 to help change your thoughts from negative to positive? Pessimistic to optimistic?
Yes, it could change your life and help you progress toward any goal you set for yourself.
But how does that feel?
1. Write down how you will feel if you reach that #BigGoal you set for yourself in 2017? Be very specific! Don’t just write down happy or proud of yourself. Write down every emotion you will feel. Write down how that will effect your relationships, career, family, self confidence, etc.
2. Try and keep those emotional wins ‘top of mind’. Sometimes reaching the goal itself isn’t the reward. It’s the feeling we get, the joy, confidence, love and pride that is the real reward.
It’s your year to develop your most powerful mental state ever!
If you do this, you cannot fail.
If you change your attitude and make it your mission to eliminate the negative, pessimistic thoughts you have allowed to fester in your mind, you will have the best year of your life.
I can’t… into I can
There’s no time…into I’m making time
I can’t afford it…into i’m worth it
It’s too hard…into it’s going to take work
I always fail…into I’m going to succeed
I’m not disciplined…into I have control over my actions
It’s just what happens to me…into it’s what I choose to create
Getting older sucks…into being alive is a blessing
I don’t know what do do…into i’m going to figure it out
I just don’t feel motivated…into I’m going to be motivational
I want more confidence…into I will be confident
Take 2017 to the next level and join my Sexy Confident WomanFormula Course!