I think it would be safe to say that everyone has an addiction to checking out his or her own stomach on a daily basis.
Some people call it their….
What’s your name for it?
In almost every fitness program or challenge we join, the goal is to lose the belly fat, get a six pack, trim the love handles and fit into those skinny jeans better, right?
I can almost guarantee that if you could choose between losing 3 inches around the waist or losing 10lbs, you would pick the 3 inches.
Am I right?
If so, you are going to love this article….
I’m going to give you the formula for losing the muffin top; that pooch that’s been your unwanted roommate for too long.
- I want you to look at that stomach and smile with pride.
- I want you to wear a bathing suit and feel confident.
- I want you to let go of the myth that it’s impossible to have a nice stomach after babies.
- I want you to let go of frustrations from ‘lack of results’ even while eating clean and exercising.
How does that sound?
Yeah, that’s what I thought!
There are 3 BIG MISTAKES people make that hold them back from having a slim and tight stomach.
- They don’t really know what their gut looks like.
Most people could tell me how the outside is looking but very few could tell me how the inside gut is looking? You know, the one lining your large and small intestines.
It’s much harder to see how healthy our insides are but there are a bunch of good indicators. If you are frustrated that the inches aren’t coming off, chances are you don’t know what’s going on inside.
- They think cutting calories is what the body needs to trim inches.
When people ask me what to eat, I give broad recommendations based on the quality and nutrient value of foods. This freaks people out!
They think “wait, that’s it, that’s too easy”. Everyone is obsessed with the calorie trackers and the macro counting but they forget that the body doesn’t operate based on quantity of calories, it operates on quality of calories.
- They use “cleanses” for short-term gains but return back to old habits.
I know you’ve heard this before or experienced this for yourself.
You did a cleanse, lost some weight, then gained it back a few weeks later.
This happens for two reasons.
- The cleanse was harmful to your body, was too extreme and didn’t provide adequate nutrition for your body to thrive.
- It was a healthy cleanse but you returned back to doing the old unhealthy habits as before right after it was over.
I’ll be totally honest, I haven’t always understood nutrition, gut health, and effective weight loss techniques as well as I do now.
I had to read a ton of research articles and books over the years.
I’ve had amazing mentors and friends in the nutrition industry guide me.
I’ve experimented with my own methods and I’ve researched a wide range of nutritional supplements and products.
It’s not easy for the everyday lawyer, architect, mom, musician, artist or accountant to learn what I’ve learned over the past 11 years.
That’s why I hope to be a trusted resource for you, a mentor in health and fitness who truly has your back in all of this.
I recommend the same things for my clients that I recommend to my mom, sister, friends and myself. I want what’s best for you and your long-term health.
Let’s Lose The Gut once and for all!
STEP 1: Give your gut a facial
Get the inside gut looking really good and it results in a tighter and sexier outside.
This is the very first goal you’ll have to accomplish on your way to a sexy stomach.
It doesn’t matter how many calories you cut or how many workouts a day you do, we can’t lose our belly fat if our gut health is suffering.
The reason being; without a healthy gut, we cannot get the nutrients we need from our food, we don’t eliminate toxins and waste adequately and we harness inflammation.
Those things don’t really sound like a recipe for success?
While reading the book SUPERLIFE by Darin Olien, he gives such a great explanation of the importance our gut health plays in our overall health.
“By far the most plentiful and important microbes we carry are those in our gut-our intestines. These bacteria perform an important function: they help
break down the foods we eat. They are absolutely necessary; they allow us to gain access to nutrients. But the microbes don’t do it because they love us and want us to be healthy. It’s how they survive, too.”
“We decide which microbes to feed and which to starve. We create the ecosystem for them.” “If we feed ourselves sugary, processed foods, then the microbes that thrive on them will proliferate and dominate our digestive system. And we will suffer.” –Darin Olien
In essence, what we choose to eat is either going to increase the number of healthy, friendly bacteria or it’s going to increase the number of harmful bacteria that cause inflammation and disease.
Our daily and hourly decisions about what to eat, dictates the battle happening in our gut.
“Taken altogether, they form something like their own internal organ. Scientists have been referring to our microbiome – the term for the entire microbial being we each contain – as “the second brain”. And like any other organ, it can be healthy or sick.” –Darin Olien
Don’t just take my word for it! Listen to science.
STEP 2: Ways to master a healthy gut
- The majority of our diet should be made up of mostly fresh, whole vegetables, fruit, beans, nuts, seeds and healthy fats. This type of diet creates a healthy intestinal environment that improves digestion, nutritional uptake, elimination, immunity and disease prevention.
To sustain sufficient quantities of the healthiest bacteria, we need to eat a lot of raw and cooked whole vegetables and fruit.
That being said, I’m not asking you to give up meat, grains, dairy, fish or eggs. I love those foods!
I am suggesting that the MAJORITY of the diet be plant based.
- Eat meat or chicken 1-2 days a week
- Eat fish 1-2 days a week
- The other 3-4 days should be plant based.
- Instead of eating dairy everyday, go some days without it (except a splash in the coffee of course)
- Instead of eating eggs for breakfast everyday, mix it up with oats or a smoothie.
- Be sure your grains are high in fiber. At least 5g per serving are quality for the body.
In addition, there are many other ways I work to enhance my gut health throughout the year.
- I drink a superfood smoothie every single day.
It’s been 4.5 years since I started adding Shakeology to my daily meal plan. Life changing to say the least. Who developed Shakeology? Darin Olien!
Not only does it contain some of the most highly nutritious superfoods on the planet, it also contains pre and probiotics (it’s a happy dance for my healthy bacteria every damn day).
I never drank protein shakes because I wasn’t lacking protein. I started drinking Shakeology because I needed better gut health, more energy and more superfood nutrients in my body to feel my best. Now I’m an advocate, affiliate and I love sharing it with my family, friends and clients. You don’t have to order it from my store, you can get it from any other Beachbody coach if you’d like but I recommend you get it tomorrow.
If you came to my house, I wouldn’t serve you a fruit smoothie, I would serve you Shakeology. I only serve the best.
- Every single month, I take 1 week and do my Sexy 7-Day Tune Up.
During this time I give up red meat, dairy, sugary sweets and alcohol for 7 Days straight. Not only does this make me feel more energized and lean, I primarily do this for my gut health.
Nobody would join me if I marketed it as “Feeding my healthy bacteria and enhancing my intestinal environment” … but that’s what I’m doing.
Ultimately that’s what leads to a tighter and sexier body, so that’s my way of giving you what you need but telling you what you want to hear.
I invite my followers and INSIDERS to join me every month in this challenge; you should make it a point to join us next time.
- Every 90 Days I do a 3-Day Refresh.
This is a mini cleanse that is even healthier for the gut and magnifies the microbiome populous that Darin talks about in his book SUPERLIFE.
I fell in love with this program when Beachbody came out with it because it’s a simple program that anyone can follow and it’s SAFE!
The combination of whole foods and adequate nutrition make this safe:
- Eating mostly raw whole fruits, vegetables and healthy fats.
- Drinking superfood protein shakes (1 Shakeology + 2 Refresh protein)
- Adding a huge dose of fiber each day
- Drinking large amounts of water
I hear about people doing extreme mini cleanses to get ready for a big photo shoot, before a wedding or vacation.
These might help you lose a few pounds short term but the body suffers long term.
- Juice cleanses for 3-5 days
- Even drinking Shakeology 3 times a day for 3 days is not good
- The Master Cleanse (lemon juice, cayenne, maple syrup)
You might see a drop in pounds for a week or so, but the lack of adequate nutrients, protein and fiber… puts the body in starvation mode, not healthy cleanse mode.
This makes it hard to sustain the weight loss and more importantly hard to avoid weight gain since we just told our body that it could starve at any moment.
What does someone do when they are preparing to go without food and water? They stock up!
Be sure to do your research when agreeing to any type of diet or cleanse program. I personally guide my clients through the 3 Day Refresh to assure they get the support they need.
- Every year I do the “21-Day Ultimate Reset Cleanse”.
This is by far the healthiest thing I do for my body all year long. I know it’s not easy to take 21 days and make your health a priority but it’s worth it.
My gut gets a complete makeover every single year with this program. It’s not a starvation cleanse it’s a revitalization cleanse.
I won’t go into all the details in this blog but if you wan to learn more, I’ll educate you on the benefits and invite you to join my next guided program.
Everything I practice in my own life is what I’m sharing with you.
I would never tell you to do things that I don’t do myself.
I’m also not going to hide what I do from you out of fear that you think I’m trying to sell you a product.
I’m trying to SERVE you the best solution for the goal you have: a tight and sexy stomach.
I didn’t say it was easy, I said it was possible and now you know exactly what I do all year long, year after year to:
- Look at that stomach and smile with pride.
- Wear a bathing suit and feel confident.
- Avoid those frustrations from ‘lack of results’ even while eating clean and exercising.
So the question is, what are YOU doing to master your gut health?
Are you willing to do what I do to get the results I get?
Some people aren’t willing to invest in their health the way they need to feel their best.
They want to bargain shop their nutrition and bargain shop their way to results. Yet they stay stuck and continue feeling tired, overweight and undernourished.
I can tell you the key to losing the belly fat, the key to having the sexy stomach you want but I can’t force you to take the steps.
The next move is up to you.
You can go spend the next few hours searching for FREE Fat Burning Recipes online, FREE fat burning workouts on YouTube and keep doing what you’ve been doing…
OR start mastering your Gut Health with the tools you have learned today.
- Start small.
Try one or two of the everyday methods I mentioned above and do it consistently. Not just for a week or month, but consistently for 8 weeks.
- Start eating a diet high in whole fruits, vegetables, beans, nuts, seeds and healthy fats.
- Treat yourself to a 7-Day Sampler pack of Shakeology to see the difference it makes in your everyday nutrition, energy and digestive health. I’m happy to lead you through my 7-Day Shakeology Taste Test group.
- In the next 2-3 months, treat your body to a well designed, safe cleanse.
- Try my next monthly Sexy 7-Day Tune up program to give the body a simple break from meat, dairy, sugars and alcohol. An easy and simple way to begin improving gut health. You can Print and Download this program and do it every month this year!
- Treat your body to a 3-Day Refresh. Try this amazing mini cleanse to give your healthy bacteria a 3-Day advance in winning the war inside the gut. It’s happy dance time. Email me to have a guided experience and my personal support: email@example.com
- Pick a month out of the year when you and commit to doing a 21 Day Cleanse.
- You don’t need more than 1 full body cleanse a year. If you are doing more than that, I would question the benefits of that cleanse and why you need it (unless medical treatment is being recommended). Get details about the Ultimate Reset and allow me to support through this experience when you are ready.
It’s your turn to have the healthiest year of your life!
Are you ready to get after it?